Bib shorts are undoubtably the foundation for comfort on every ride, driven through the ages by great technology, innovation and design. Last century saw the evolution of bib shorts from wool shorts and leather chamois’, before finally cheering in the invention of Lycra in 1959. Iconic brands such as Assos and Castelli then began to optimise this new fabric for cyclists.
The last 20 years have seen more advances with chamois design increasing comfort and time in the saddle. Premium fabrics and second-skin compression all contribute to making the bib shorts of today as aerodynamic as possible.
- Seat pads (Chamois) are male and female specific
- A thicker pad does not necessarily mean more comfort
- Pads are designed to be worn next to skin - Never wear underwear under bib shorts!
BIB SHORT FIT
With three types of bib shorts, pick the one that suits your needs.
- A thicker, more cushioned pad for less frequent rides
- Thicker, more discrete fabrics for off the bike moments
- Suited to shorter-distance rides, touring and commuting
- Anyone who’s not after a personal best
- Fit optimised comfort and performance over long distances
- Multi-density pads for the rider who spends more time in the saddle
- A more aerodynamic, figure hugging fit Training rides and Sportives
- Fit is cut for riding in an aggressive racing position – Straps may feel too short when standing up straight
- Next-to-skin, offering the best aero advantages, compression and fast wicking properties
- Minimal, multi density pad for unrestricted movement and comfort
- Every ride where you’ve got a KOM/QOM --or sprint finish on your agenda